Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Merese

I was thinking the other day that fimo clay may be a good way to simulate the parts of a piece. I picked some up started with the merese. I put blue clay on the end of small punty rod we had at the studio. Then used red for the merese. I tried to sculpt it into shape first. I did apply some pressure with the jacks on the clay and was able sculpt it more. I would like to explore some of the possibilities with the clay. When working with the hot glass it is difficult to set up a shot. The clay would allow for a easier way to get photographs

Setting the clay together
Using the back of the jacks to flatten and then canter the top of the merese


Use the jacks to push to back end off the piece and constrict the connection place just a bit
Use the jacks on either side of the merese. Squeeze lightly and twist the blades a bit. This helps accent the canter. Be careful not to get a dome nipple on the tip. It really should look more like a straight line.
The final merese shape. 





No comments:

Post a Comment